Packaging plays a fundamental role for every manufacturing company, containing and protecting products from their birth to final use.
The first YKK guidelines for packaging design date back to 1994 with the signing of the Environmental Protection Charter, aimed at confirming the Group’s commitment to conducting its business in full respect of the ecosystem.
Since then, YKK has developed and constantly updated the principles of sustainable packaging, aligning them with technical and technological innovations, knowledge and market trends.
Our strategies for the optimization of packaging aim to reduce the quantity, use materials from renewable and recycled resources, use options and promote recycling solutions.
Furthermore, with a view to transparency and loyalty that has always accompanied all the Group’s initiatives, YKK is committed to informing its customers about the composition of the packaging that accompanies the products received.
For this reason, QR codes or URLs can be found on each packaging that refer to the environmental data sheet of the packaging itself or, at a minimum, an indication of the composition according to Community guidelines.
- Transparent bags, various width and thicknesses – Plastic
- Translucent or amber bags, various width and thicknesses – Plastic
- Corrugated board boxes with or without printing – Paper and Fibreboard
- Stretch film for packaging- Plastic
- Rolls made of paper and fibreboard with plastic – Paper and Fibreboard
- Adhesive tape for packaging – Plastic